Have a look at all the examples of doll-figures (or child-figures) from different southern African traditions, and what they meant.
- Human figurines in southern Africa
- The Gimwane doll of the Ntwane people
- The Bana ba Pelego child-figures of the
- The Nguana Modula of the South Sotho
- Nyopakatala and the birds: a fable
- Swazi child-figures: Umntwfana
Now, let them inspire you to make your own doll-figure. Create your own story about what your doll-figure means.
Here are a few possibilities.